Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rain Run

Yesterday I decided to get off the treadmill and go for a good old fashioned "road run." Seemed like it would be safer. The planned run was just a few miles around my house -- nothing particularly exciting -- except that halfway through the run it started pouring rain. I was lucky because 1) it was mild and 2) the heavy rain did not last very long. But it was great to get off the treadmill...even though I was soaked at the end.

Here is an unrelated picture from the New York City Marathon 2008

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

Adam, do you run outside in this cold weather? Or is that what the gym membership is for - to avoid the cold?

Adam said...

Originally, the point of the gym membership was to run inside on "bad" weather days. But I've started running there on a regular basis -- which is a bad thing. I don't mind running on the treadmill. I just feel like a lab rat when I'm on it.

girl chris said...

Adam, do you feel a big difference between running on the treadmill and running outside? I have a much harder time when I run outside, so I imagine the way the treadmill sort of propels the runner along makes it an easier workout. I'm trying to make sure I run outside at least once a week, though the Maine winter may make that a bit difficult...